How Does Invisalign Work
Many want to achieve a straighter smile, but many don’t like the look of metal brackets and wires showing on their teeth and the discomfort that goes along with it. This is where Invisalign treatment is beneficial.
Invisalign aligners are nearly invisible aligners that are custom made for your teeth. Unlike traditional metal braces, it doesn’t use metal braces and wires, instead, it uses transparent, plastic aligners that gradually push your teeth in its desired position. Each tray is manufactured to be slightly straighter than the previous tray and these are worn for two weeks. Every two weeks, you’ll wear a new set. almost invisible aligners that are custom made for your teeth. Each tray slowly moves the teeth up to 0.25mm per tray.
Invisalign Treatment Timeline
The average treatment time for Invisalign is 12 months. However, it still depends on the severity of the case of an individual. The treatment time will also vary on teens. Your doctor will work closely with you to develop a treatment plan that fully meets your needs. Read about Invisalign adults and How much does Invisalign cost.
Invisalign is a great alternative to metal braces, but it still has limitations. There are cases where traditional braces work more effectively than Invisalign. Invisalign is geared towards moderate cases and it is not as effective at treating severe bite issues which will need advanced orthodontic procedures to treat it.
Generally, Invisalign can treat the following:
- Crowded teeth
- Mild overbite
- Gapped teeth
When we determine that Invisalign will be the right treatment for you during your consultation, we’ll take detailed records of your teeth including:
- Digital x-rays
- Digital scan of your teeth
- Photographs of your teeth and face
After that, we’ll send the information to the lab along with detailed instructions on how your teeth adjust to its target position. Our in-house dentist will use advanced 3d computer imaging technology to develop a treatment plan from its initial position to the final desired position. We believe that a highly skilled orthodontist is essential in creating custom-made aligners. It will take around 4 to 5 weeks to complete. Once the trays arrive at our office, we’re ready to start straightening your teeth.
Benefits of Invisalign
- You can remove your Invisalign aligners when you eat or drink. Therefore you won’t have any restrictions compared to traditional braces.
- Invisalign is virtually invisible, which means it is a perfect choice if you don’t want to have metal brackets and wires showing when you smile.
- Brushing and flossing are easier with Invisalign aligners because you can remove these aligners when brushing and flossing. This makes it easy to keep your teeth and gums healthy.
- You can remove the aligners temporarily when taking photos, participating in sports, or any other special occasion.